Click here for the blog posts about RAVEN’s activities related to sustainable rural communities and infrastructure.
It is important to ensure that the infrastructure supporting rural communities in New Brunswick is safe, secure and appropriate. Rural communities must have support to develop political, economic and social infrastructure that will sustain them into the future. Sustainable communities require sustainable environments and ecosystems.
RAVEN is currently working on several activities under this theme:
- Writing a report about telecommunications infrastructure in rural New Brunswick.
- Writing a report about the railway infrastructure in rural New Brunswick.
- Collaborating on a new community video production project with our partner the Aulnes Project, Maritime Spaces.
- Visiting residents and organizations in rural communities to understand their sustainable development goals and how RAVEN can support them in their work.
Completed activities under this theme:
- In April 2019, we hosted a visit by Bruce Campbell to New Brunswick to speak in Edmundston, Fredericton and Saint John. Bruce spoke about his book on the Lac Mégantic train disaster and the need for strong regulatory oversight of railways.